It's common for most foods to have gluten, such as cereals, pizza, pasta, and bread. Soy, the main ingredient in soy sauce, is gluten-free. However, a regular soy sauce isn't gluten-free. Because wheat is used as an ingredient when creating the soy sauce mixture. Let's look at gluten-free soy sauce options that are available in the market.
Gluten-free soy sauce ingredients
Gluten-free ingredients in soy sauce include soybeans, rice, salt, and water. Avoid soy sauce with ingredients such as wheat, barley, rye, gluten-based alcohol, and other gluten ingredients to be on the safe side.
How to select gluten-free soy sauce
It's important to double-check the ingredient list even if the soy sauce has a gluten-free label. In most cases, some brands mislabel a gluten-free product. Consider the following ways:
● Check the ingredient list: if the product contains wheat, barley, rye, or ingredients made from the grain, it means that it's not gluten-free.
● FDA approved: The Food Drug Administration indicates that a gluten-free product has less than 20 parts per million gluten. This capacity is unlikely to cause a reaction even for severely gluten-intolerant patients.
● Be cautious: when eating at restaurants, consult if the food is gluten-free. In most cases, restaurants soak dishes in soy sauce before frying them. You should avoid eating dishes covered with soy sauce at restaurants.
Note that soy sauce that has no gluten-free label contains gluten ingredients.
Best gluten-free soy sauce brand
Jolion foods are one of the best gluten-free Chinese soy sauce brands. It makes a wide variety of gluten-free soy sauces, including gluten-free dark soy sauce and gluten-free light soy sauce. They are made with first-class soybeans.
Furthermore, you can use them on rice, salads, fish dishes, seasoning soups, fish dishes, and meat. It doesn't add any gluten ingredients like wheat and alcohol-based gluten. These products have a transparent ingredient list on the label. Additionally, Jolion gluten-free sauces are certified to be gluten-free
Why choose Jolion?
● Natural fermentation: all the products undergo a traditional-age fermentation process for six months. Therefore, it guarantees unique and original flavors.
● International certification: the products pass through inspection and testing before they come to market. Jolion has various certifications, including HALAL, FDA, BRC, KOSHER, ISO, and SGS. For this reason, all products meet safety standards.
● High production capability: the factory has six production lines that feature fully advanced production equipment. For this reason, it's able to produce 15,000 tons of products annually and 12 million USD sales.
Frequently asked questions
Is soy flour Gluten-free?
Soy flour is made by crushing soybeans into a fine powder. Soybean itself is gluten-free.
Is Soybean oil gluten-free?
Soybean oil is a vegetable oil that is obtained from soybeans. Soybean is gluten-free.
Soy sauce is a great condiment that adds flavor to dishes. It is versatile hence can be used in a variety of dishes. If you are gluten-intolerant, gluten-free soy sauce will meet your dietary needs. Jolion's gluten-free soy sauces are certified and available in a wide range of options.
GET FREE QUOTES
If you are interested in our services, let's have a try on the first project