Soy sauce has been used for years. This versatile condiment can be added to dishes such as flavoring brines, marinades, and dipping sauces. Typical meals prepared to add flavor include noodles, rice-based meals, stews, eggs, and meat-based dishes. We have put together a healthy guide about soy sauce and the best manufacturer in this article.
What is soy sauce, the ingredients?
Soy sauce is a Chinese liquid condiment traditionally made from soybeans, brine, roasted grain, and Aspergillus sojae molds. The soybeans are soaked, wheat is crushed then the two ingredients are mixed with culturing mold and left for 2-3 days to develop. Add salt and water; then the mixture is put in fermenting tank for 5-8 months. Another soy sauce production is a blended method or acid hydrolysis. This method is cheaper and faster.
4 healthy facts about soy sauce
Foods such as soy sauce are often used in small quantities. Even though, you have to be clarified with 4 healthy facts about soy sauce:
● Soy sauce calories: it is low in calories, with 8 calories per tablespoon.
● Carbs in soy sauce: carbs in the condiment may range from 1-15 grams per tablespoon. Ensure you check the nutrition facts label to know the number of carbs per serving.
● Is soy sauce keto: keto diet involves reducing carb intake to promote ketosis. Soy sauces are low in carbs; hence a keto patient can enjoy the condiment when dieting. By checking the carb content on the dressing, you can determine if it fits your carb allowance. Another rule is when you are dieting; you should avoid those named "sweet" They often have added sugars that are not keto-friendly.
● Soy sauce nutrition: 1 tablespoon of soy sauce(16g) has 8g calories, 0.1g fat, 879mg sodium, 0.8g carbs, 0.1g fiber, 0.06g sugars, and 1.3g protein.
Special soy sauce type
● Gluten-free soy sauce: this soy sauce is not made from gluten ingredients such as wheat, barley, or rye. It is different from regular soy sauce made of wheat and other gluten ingredients, thus making it gluten. That being said, it's important to double-check the gluten-free label and the ingredients used. Gluten-free soy sauce can be used in place of regular soy sauce in any recipe.
● Soy-free soy sauce: this type of soy sauce has no soy, unlike the normal one. It may contain ingredients such as water, molasses, mushrooms, fruits, and others. It is great for dishes that call for soy sauce.
● Sugar-free soy sauce: this type of soy sauce has no sugar, unlike some regular soy sauce with a significant amount of sugars. It's versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. Is soy sauce healthy?
Soy sauce is made of healthy ingredients that have significant health benefits. For instance, they promote the immune system, reduce allergies, are suitable for gut health, and are a source of antioxidants.
Healthy soy sauce manufacturer
Jolion Foods is one of the leading healthy soy sauces manufacturers. Since the company was established in the 1980s, it has been operating for over 40 years. We have a vast market network across the world.
Why choose Jolion foods
● Traditional manufacturing process: the company maintains a traditional fermenting production of soy sauces. This helps to develop quality tastes that meet customers' demands.
● Certifications: our products have passed through various certifications like FDA, BRC, KOSHER, HALAL, ISO, and SGS.
● High production capability: Jolion has 6 production lines with fully automated equipment to produce 15000 tons of products per year.
GET FREE QUOTES
If you are interested in our services, let's have a try on the first project